DIY Nikon F100 DataCable-2 by Avi
Building MC-33 DataCable-2 by Avi
DISCLAIMER – Important!
from photographers all over the world to build this cable since it had been discontinued. Requests also asked for a cable to be compatible to N90s / F100 / F5 and without the interface cable that was made in DataCable1.
1. Direct camera-computer cable (no interface cable)
Compatible to Nikon MC-33 MC33 / MC-31 MC31 cables
2. Length of ~8′ (2.5m) for ease of use. Much more than MC-33
3. Work with N90(s) / F90(x) / F100 / F5
4. Work with major data collecting software
5. Batteries FREE. Power is received from camera
1. Smaller electronics box,
2. Professionally custom made PCB according Avi’s design including a protective solder mask layer.
3. High quality components
4. Cable ends are secured to box with high quality Strain Relief and most important,
5. GENUINE Nikon 10 pin connector
1. Safe and reliable attachment to camera using a threaded metal locking ring.
2. High quality and precise mechanical and electrical contacts.
3. Correct orientation to camera without a possibility for wrong attachment that might damage your camera/computer. It has mating slides to guide the attachment process.
4. Mating strength since ALL 10 pins are presented.
5. Industry standard quality of pins to internal wires connection.
I could have used a cheaper connector like those offered by others and saved about $30 but I decided not to compromise on this critical component.
Comments, remarks and updates are welcome.
Some will be published, with hidden sender's details.
Did you find this article helpful?
Did it save you time and trouble?
If yes, please consider donating some $$$ to help me cover the hosting cost involved. Thanks
To make a donation, please click the following PayPal button:
Copyright © Schneor Design. All rights reserved. Do not copy without written consent from the author.